Friday, May 8, 2015

Photojournalism Forum: Week 6

TOPIC 1: GUEST SPEAKER -- 

Photo Credit: Scobel Wiggins
I really like this image that Scobel took. It stands out to me because you can see the emotion in the players face. It's also really effective positioning with the ball nearing the edge of the frame and a light above it. It really makes for a dynamic photo. I noticed that she probably really had to plan in advanced for this particular photo.

Three questions:
1. Tell us how you were able to get the above image? What did you have to do?
2. Any tips for taking Sports Photography?
3. What is your favorite photo you've taken?

TOPIC 2: MY NEIGHBORHOOD -- 

My biggest challenge for this assignment was finding something "news worthy", I ended up taking a photo of a fellow student at the Peoria Road Farmers Market in Corvallis. Although the photo turned out great, I was disappointed in the "news worthy-ness" of it. I think the photo of the courthouse turned out the best. I liked the angle and the flowers gave it a nice look. I knew going in, that was going to be the type of image I wanted of the Courthouse, and it payed off. If I had to do this assignment over again, I would probably shoot in Albany. I am more familiar with Albany than Corvallis and feel I would have probably taken better photos of Albany.

No comments:

Post a Comment