Friday, May 22, 2015

Photojournalism Forum: Week 8

TOPIC 1: TECHNOLOGY/INNOVATION -- 

I definitely think the shift to digital is the single most-important technological change to happen to photography. Photographers no longer had to develop images in a darkroom, they had the ability to develop them using a computer and editing software.

I am a big Ansel Adams fan. I think he stands above the others as he did more more then just taking photos. He was a National Park activist and frequently photographed places like Yosemite National Park.

A dramatically-lit black-and-white photograph depicts a large river, which snakes from the bottom right to the center left of the picture. Dark evergreen trees cover the steep left bank of the river, and lighter deciduous trees cover the right. In the top half of the frame, there is a tall mountain range, dark but clearly covered in snow. The sky is overcast in parts, but only partly cloudy in others, and the sun shines through to illuminate the scene and reflect off the river in these places.
Photo Credit: Ansel Adams
My Favorite Ansel Adams Photo

TOPIC 2:  PHOTO STORY --  

I'm not 100% locked in on my choice, but I am thinking of doing a "Day in the Life" of someone. Not sure exactly the subject yet, but it might be a kid. If I do end up going with a kid as a subject some of the ideas I have are...

Overview: Kid riding a bike down a road
Medium: Kid coloring a picture
Close-Up: Intensely watching a movie on a tablet/ Close-up of their face

No comments:

Post a Comment