Friday, May 29, 2015

Photojournalism Forum: Week 9

TOPIC 1 - TURNING PRO -- 
I'm glad I took this course because I was able to test out the water before I dived into it. I found Photojournalism isn't the photo career for me. I prefer people asking me, "Hey, can you take my photo?!" Instead of me asking, "Hey, can I take your photo?" I'm not comfortable doing Photojournalism so I don't see myself continuing in this particular field of Photography. However, this course did help me remember why I love taking photos, to capture a specific moment in time. I love emotion photos. So, I would like to continue taking photos semi-professionally after this course.

TOPIC 2 -- PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE WEEK --  
I'm a huge Ansel Adams fan, I love his work. So I really enjoyed Heather's presentation of him and his work. I really like his style of landscape photography and his use of natural light. His images are just so breath taking. To me, he stands above the others as he did more more then just taking photos. He was a National Park activist and frequently photographed places like Yosemite National Park. I could use some of Ansel's techniques in my own photos by appreciating the nature in which we live more. Also being patience for that "perfect" shot is something I can learn from him.

This is a favorite Ansel Adams photo of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment